Month Theme – Truth: The Final Battle
Week Theme – Walking in the Truth
- * Jesus is the Truth (John 14:6)
- * The Truth is the Gospel of Jesus Christ
* (Rom 1:1-6, 9, 16-17)
– This Gospel of Jesus Christ is contained in the Holy Scriptures, which contains everything necessary for salvation (2 Tim 3:15-17)
MORE THAN KNOWLEDGE
- * Christ Calls us to Know the Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (2 John 1/ Phil 3:10) &
- * Christ calls us to walk in the Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (3 John 3-4)
- * To Claim to know Jesus (Truth) implies we must live as He did (1 John 1:6)
MORE THAN LIP SERVICE
- * ‘Why do you call me, “Lord, Lord” and do not do what I say’ (Luke 6:46)
- * ‘Not everyone who says to me “Lord, Lord” will enter kingdom of heaven but only he who does the will of my Father’ (Matt 7:21)
‘IN YOUR FACE’ TRUTH
- * Whom will you serve? (Josh 24:14-28)
- * Whom do you choose? (Deut30:11-20)
- * Where are your standing? (Is 7:9)
- * What are you building? (Luke 6:46-49)
… and there are consequences!
* What measure of the Truth is seen?
- – Making Decisions
- – Determining Priorities
- – Embracing Values
- – Company we keep
- * ‘ do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to
bring peace, but a sword.’ (Matt 10:34-35)
- * ‘not peace… but division’ (Luke 12:49-53)
- * The Truth of the Gospel of Jesus…
- * Does it underline/define everything I do & am?
- * Is it my life-song?
- * Is it evidenced in my life?
* ‘Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate & broad the road that leads to
destruction, & many enter through it. But small is the gate & narrow the road that leads to life, & only a few find it.’ (Matt 7:13-14)
- * My Conviction
- * My persuasion
- * My Foundation
- * My Anchor
- * My Barometer
- * The Truth of the Gospel of Jesus, cannot be viewed in neat separate boxes/ confined to separate compartments of our lives.
- * It must bear upon every area/compartment of our lives –both public & private/ social & personal (Matt 10:32-33/ Luke 9:60)
ALL OR NOTHING
* ‘The call to discipleship is a call to confess our allegiance to Jesus in the face of a hostile world; to serve Him & His mission, whatever the cost’ (Marshall, The Trellis & the Vine) (Mark 8:34-35)