Month Theme – Truth: The Final Contest
Week Theme – Living the Truth (2 Timothy 3:14-17 & John 3:16-21)
* Truth – the final contest.
* The great commission: Matthew 28:19
* Dictionary.com – Definition of a truth : the true or actual state of a matter
* conformity with fact or reality; verity
* a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like i.e. Jesus is King
* Jesus is our Savior, Salvation
* He is the Son of God and He is God.
* How can you live in the Truth?
– Ans: The truth must first live in you before you can live it.
– Man is inherently good or evil.
* Where does this truth live in me?
– Ans: in my heart going out through my personality and character.
PERSONALITY vs CHARACTER
– the quality of being a person; existence as a self-conscious human being; personal identity
– Personality (that which you were born with, does not change – in your mother’s womb I knew you (Jeremiah 1)
– U Thixo unenduku ayifihle emgqubeni
– That which alters with experiences and formed by that which a person goes through in life. God must affect this part of your life. God does not care about what you will become as his word will take care of that, he cares about who you will be when you have become what He called you to be.
– Your Character becomes the battle ground for God and the devil for influence over your life. Where whoever wins will make use of your personality to influence others, i.e. Paul vs Saul of Tarsus. In whose hands is your gift?
HOW CAN THIS TRUTH LIVE IN ME SO THAT I CAN LIVE IT?
* No / Partial Encounter
– You have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior
– You might have received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
– This is where you drink spiritual milk
* Incomplete Encounter
– This is where you grow in the Lord
– Where you develop your spiritual digestive system from drinking spiritual milk to eating hard foods
– This is where you get acquainted with your purpose, your spiritual gifts and first steps in using them
– But unfortunately this is where many Christians get lost, in that they never get to mature
– As a result they end up being luke-warm Christians (church of Laodicea – Rev 3:14-16)
– Lukewarm Christians the modern day Pharisees (Self-righteous, Know it all – but not living it, having the form but denying the power thereof)
– We stop God from showing himself through us, the world will only know Jesus through us yet we misrepresent him and so the World rejects Him because they reject us (rejection by our association). I wish that all would come to the knowledge of Christ and be saved
– These people have been to the mountain top (encounter) but have not crossed over the river Jordan to the Promised Land (Hebrews 6)
* Complete Encounter
– Maturity in Christ
– Dead to the flesh but alive in the spirit
– Daily Quite time, Prayer, Praise and Worship as a lifestyle. Frequent praying and fasting that are not self-directed, watchmen on the wall
– Dying daily and crucifying the flesh, he who loses his life will gain it but he who gains his life will lose it (Matt 16:25)
– Total Surrender: it is not I who lives but Christ in me (Gal 2:20)
– God’s perfect will, not permissible will
– A life that preaches Christ both verbally and by example
– To have gone to the mountain and crossed the river Jordan, whatever the Lord says it is
* LIVING THE TRUTH: PARADOX
* TO LIVE IS TO DIE
* GO YE THEREFORE